Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Power VS. Patience

"In any contest between power and patience, bet on patience." -Author

In a contest between the rock and the waves, the waves eventually win out.

Which one is patience?

The rock or the waves...

The rock is the one that's never moving and patiently waiting, and yet it is the one eroded away slowly by an outside force.

Its patience is wearing thin and eventually, it will disappear completely.

Response by Omega-

You bring up an extremely interesting point through your analogy. I looked at this quote and saw no problem with it, I believed it almost whole hearted. However, after this I'm not so sure. I see your point in the fact that if all you have is patience, and in this patience take no action, you will most definitely lose against strength. Therefore, I think it is better to say that: when taking into a count a strong action over a patient action, most often bet on the patient.

No comments: